Great new Job Opportunities Available.
- Early Intervention Youth Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
- Finance Officer
Note: These are Identified positions – Under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW), being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification for this position, therefore an essential requirement for candidates applying for this role.
Early Intervention Youth Worker
- Rewarding position
- Work with the Community
- Maitland based
The purpose of this role is to make a difference to the Aboriginal Community which will see you working with young people aged 11-18 years across two Local Government Areas. The role is to deliver responsive and flexible prevention and early help and support services to Indigenous children, young people, families and communities experiencing or at risk of vulnerability, through the delivery of culturally appropriate programs and the provision of strength and trauma based early intervention support through case work, group work and community connections for both them and their families.
- University Degree preferably in Social Welfare, Social Sciences, Psychology or Teaching OR a Diploma in Youth or Community Services with a minimum of 5 years’ experience are necessary. Those completing the final year of their degree will be considered.
- Current Police Check or the ability undertake one
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
Early Childhood Educator
- A rewarding opportunity to build your career
- Work within a nurturing environment
- Maitland based opportunity
This part-time position will see you offering a high-quality service within a Preschool based centre situated within the Maitland area. As the Certificate III Childhood Educator you will offer an educational and nurturing environment to children who are predominately Indigenous and develop strong relationships with the children and their families.
You will be relied upon to offer strong communication skills, knowledge of the Early Years Learning framework as well as knowledge of the National Quality Standards (NQS) and provide a professional approach in consistently meeting the needs of all the children. You will be implementing the educational program as well as all policies and associated procedures of Mindaribba Preschool at all times.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
- Relevant Qualification being a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education
- Driver’s License and reliable transport
- Current Police Check or be willing to undertake one
- Current/Valid Working With Children Check
- Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
Finance & Administration Officer
- All Round Accounts skills essential
- 3 days a week | Maitland
This role will see you assisting in the financial operations of the business and associated administration tasks such as Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable & Receivable, Maintaining Financial Records and the capacity to work within a team environment. The position will offer challenges and require you to have exceptional interpersonal and excellent time management skills
- Accounts experience across AP, AR & Invoicing
- An understanding and confidence in using MYOB
- Reconciliations, EOM procedures etc.
- Driver Licence
- Working with Childrens Check & National Police Check or willingness to obtain