Are you looking to build your team but not ready for Permanent Staff? Temporary Staff is a Solution!
Are you at the point where you are ready to shout out ‘help, I have hit a busy patch and need extra staff, fast? Recruit Personnel Can Help!”?
Regardless of whether your company builds truck parts, builds homes, prints signs, is a real estate office or an accounting firm, there’ll be times when you just need extra hands on deck.
Bringing in a temporary worker (a “temp”) may be the right solution for you. They can fill a gap quickly and there’s no long-term commitment involved.
“What is a Temp Exactly?”
A Temp generally refers to a temporary worker you engage through a recruiting firm for short to medium term assignments. These engagements can range from a single day to several months or more. Basically, as long as you need them.
Temps are paid by the Recruitment company who provides them. The Recruitment Company pays the temp’s salary, including taxes and superannuation.
When To Consider Using Temps
Temps can do any type of task required from reception, to accounts and accounts payable and also accounting tasks, marketing functions, and other higher-level duties.
Unsure as to when a temp would be appropriate for you?
- When one of your employees suddenly gets sick for a week or two.
- Maternity Leave staff replacements
- A deadline change on a big project and you don’t have the staff on hand to complete on time
- Fill in when an employee resigns with little notice
- Cover vacation leave.
The Benefits Of Bringing In Temps When Really Needed
An obvious advantage of using temps is their flexibility. You can bring them in with little lead time, then stop using as your need for extra workers subsides.
Here are some other positives:
- Relieves your existing staff from being over-burdened and burned out
- Temps can be brought in to do specialized work your existing staff may not be qualified to do
- Enables you to meet project deadlines and handle unexpected business demands
- If you’re impressed with the temp’s performance, there may be an opportunity to hire them on a permanent basis (this is an arrangement you be negotiated with the recruitment company that provides them)
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Temps
You will need to provide a little commitment for basic onboarding. To ease your temp into their role, ensure that you assign someone who’ll be responsible for the temp’s experience at your business. Have your assigned employee show the temp around, familiarize them with their equipment, and explain procedures. This employee should also outline specific expectations and be available to answer questions.
An experienced temp is used to popping in and out of workplaces. Yet you can make their stay with you more enjoyable and hopefully more productive by showing that you appreciate them.
Although a temp may be with you for a short time only, you and your employees can make it worth every moment.
Recruit Personnel have a team of experienced personnel to help you with your staffing needs.
Whether you need someone for a day, week or ongoing, talk to our Temp Desk to find out how we will find you a star temp.
Call Trish on 02 4934 9900 or email today.